In our daily life we use different secure services for our personal work. We create user account in different services like creating computer’s user account, email account, website’s user registration for online shopping, marketing, business and other different purpose. While registering need user name, password and e-mail basically. User name and password are the most important think for accessing these services. It is also important to say that we use different password in different services. So it is needed to keep remember the password or keep backup written somewhere else. If you forget password then the windows password reset technique will help you.
Forgetting password is never any funny matter because of keeping remember many password. There is a really easy way to reset windows password. Today I will teach you how to reset your windows 7 or windows 8 computer’s user password. You will need a copy of windows installation disk and some multiple command lines.
Forgotten Windows Password Reset:
1. Insert your windows disk in CD/DVD ROM drive. Boot off the Windows disk and select the “Repair your computer” option from the lower left-hand corner.
2. A new window “System Recovery Options” will pop up and searching for windows installation…
3. Now you will see the operating system, partition and installation location. Keep in mind that the location drive is D: and click next.
4. Now you will get option to open the Command Prompt, which you’ll want to select.
5. First, type the following commands to backup the original sticky keys file:
Command 1: copy D:\windows\system32\sethc.exe D:\
Command 2: copy D:\windows\system32\cmd.exe D:\
Then you’ll copy the command prompt executable (cmd.exe) over top of the sticky keys executable:
Command 3: copy D:\windows\system32\cmd.exe D:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
You need to permission for overwrite, Press “Y” and enter. The following commands showing as below figure:
6. Close cmd.exe window and reboot the PC.
Resetting the Password:
7. After restarting your computer you will get login screen. Hit the Shift key 5 times and you will see an administrator mode command promote.
8. Now the time to reset the password. Just type the following command and press enter:
Command 4: net user Shyamal
This command will request you to enter the new password which will replace the old one and retype password to confirm.
The command completed successfully. Now you can login.
NB: Of course, you will probably want to put the original sethc.exe file back, which you can do by rebooting into the installation CD, opening the command prompt, and copying the d:\sethc.exe file back to d:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
NB: If this post help you, please like our facebook fan page – IT Zone
Subscribe our youtube channel – IT Zone Videos
Follow on Twitter
and always stay connected with us.
If you have still problem, please comment bellow-