Red Hat, Inc. is an American multinational software company providing open-source software products to the enterprise community. RHEL 7 – Red Hat Enterprise Linux are using various modern datacenters, cloud platforms and many more.
Today I will show how to install red hat enterprise linux 7 and its partition step by step with screen shot. First you need to download the rhel 7 ISO download from Red Hat Customer Portal at https://access.redhat.com/downloads. You can also download this ISO image from many other ftp link on the internet.
- RHEL 7 .0 Binary DVD ISO image or
- Bootable USB Drive (How to create a bootable USB flash drive)
Red Hat Linux (rehl 7) Installation Process:
1. First, place the DVD/USB in your computer or server and start it. Select the bootable unit and on the first rhel promote. Select Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0
2. After the system loads, select your language for installation process and hit on Continue.
3. Now you will see the Installation Summary window. Which is the customization of installation process. First Click Time and Date, select your location from provided map. Hit the Done button to continue.
4. It’s time to choose the Software Selection mode. Here have few basic environments. Select Server with GUI for graphical environment. GUI means Graphical User Interface. It will help beginners to operating red hat Linux server easily.
Linux Standard Partition
5. The next important step is to configure your system partitions. Click on Installation Destination to create LVM or Standard Partition. I’ve created Standard Partition here. To do this select i will create partition bottom on the screen and hit done button.
6. From manual partition window select the standard partition and (+) button to add a mount point. From drop down menu select /boot and input the desired capacity as 512MB for /boot partition.
7. Now is the time to create swap partition. Again click (+) button to create swap partition. swap partition will be twice of RAM size. If RAM is 2 GB then swap partition will be 4GB.
8. The third partition is root(/) partition. Again click (+) button to create root partition. Select / as root partition and the desired capacity for this partition. If you give the desire capacity as blank then the system take full space for root partition. Hit done button to finish the Standard Partition.
9. Standard Partition will be finished successfully after formatting the three partitions. To do this click Accept changes button.
10. Finally, click the begin installation to start the Linux installation process.
11. Now create root password and create a user account from here.
12. Wait a bit and finished the installation.
13. Login and enjoy !!!
Youtube Video for this post:
Thanks for watching my video…
Want more video tutorials !!!
Please, subscribe my channel – Youtube Channel
Like Facebook Fan Page – IT Zone
Follow on Twitter – IT Zone